Lingerie Buying tips for men
Here at MLD we all get such a kick out of watching men steal furtive glances through the windows of our boutique as they walk back and forth, finally working up the nerve to enter. It happens all the time. We know how intimidating lingerie shopping can be for men when they’re with a lady companion, let alone when they step into a store without proof that they’re not browsing for themselves. As seriously as we take lingerie, we know it’s not that serious! Lingerie is supposed to be about the pleasure principle, and buying it should be no different. So gentleman, start your engines…because this section is geared just for you.
First of all, accept the fact that entering a lingerie store, no matter how confident you are, may be a little awkward at first. You’re entering a woman’s domain. A fellow surrounded by those pastel walls, gilded mirrors, rows of perfectly spaced padded hangers suspending wisps of lace and straps with tags that bear names he’d feel like an idiot trying to pronounce-let alone even begin to know what their functions are-is a sight to behold. We are so tickled every time a guy picks up a lacy little nothing and asks, “”What is this…and how much did you say it costs?””
In this case you’re browsing vencouture.com website, and although it’s not the same experience as entering a store and dealing with a sales woman, it can be intimidating and overwhelming if it’s your first time. So let’s get started…
* Price is usually a good way to begin your search for that perfect piece of lingerie, so gentlemen brace yourselves. In cost per square inch, lingerie is more expensive than real estate. It might seem extravagant to pay so much for things that are so small, but fabric content, craftsmanship, and the country of origin are the details that count when it comes to lingerie. It’s safe to assume that the lingerie she’ll really appreciate will often cost more than you expect so get ready for sticker shock-especially if you’re the kind of guy who buys his boxers in a triple-pack for less than ten bucks.
* Lingerie is an upper echelon of personal gifts-somewhere around jewelry, but more personal. It is the gift appropriate only for a woman you get naked with. Lingerie is something that both the giver and the getter should enjoy, so buy something that will satisfy both of you, not just your porn fantasy (at least not at first). Like foreplay take it slowly with the lingerie and work your way up- don’t start with the skimpiest, sheerest thing if she’s shy or you don’t know her well otherwise you could end up sleeping on the couch.
* Get in the habit of buying lingerie early on in the relationship. It sends the message that you see the lady in your life as an object of desire (not objectifying women, but being the objective rather than an object). There is no woman who wouldn’t love receiving exquisite lingerie.
* Size matters! The most common question is “”What size is she?”” The guessing game is fun, but a little strategic planning is a good idea. Do some detective work. Sneak a peek inside her drawers- her lingerie drawers! Find the type of item you are looking to buy, or something similar, and locate the size. Check out few tags, because size can vary from brand to brand. Ask her close friend or ask her.
The Style Guide
The Style Guide is where the fun begins! Men often go for bras as presents because they house what may be a particularly favorite body part. But sizing of bras can be tricky, so instead try a slip, or a robe with a matching chemise which are more forgiving and come in all different types of fabrics and lengths. Start by eliminating anything that accentuates a part of the body she’s sensitive about.
If she’s sensitive about:
* Hips or thighs: Try a chemise, slip or sexy silk pajamas that flow loosely over that area.
* Derriere: Find something that doesn’t hug the hips-a chemise, slip, long gown, pajamas or a camisole and fluttery shorts set.
* Cellulite: Get her something that deemphasizes her dimples. Loose silky slip knee length or a low cut camisole or a long gown with open back.
* Tummy or waist: Go for anything with an empire bodice that flaunts her top. A babydoll fits this bill quite well.
* Large breasts: A beautiful bra in a larger size, camisole or a nightgown with extra support in bust or an underwire sewn into it.
* Small breasts: A demi cup bra or a bra with padding. A cami or a nightie with ruffles, ribbons and contrasting textures.
* Legs: A long gown, or sexy long leg pajamas.
* Upper arms: Look for something with sleeves or a cute/ sexy bed jacket.
* She’s pregnant: Play it safe with loose, comfortable items that have empire waist (fitted at the chest, loose below).
Don’t take it too hard if your carefully chosen item has to be returned. This is very common, not just with lingerie, but also with most clothing. Think of it this way, now you guys can pick something out together. Sure, you could take her out to a fabulous dinner at five-star restaurant. But, unlike a meal, lingerie has no calories, and its effect lasts much, much longer.
All Wrapped Up
Women LOVE pretty packages, pastel-colored tissue paper, and silky ribbons! Your thoughtful, carefully selected purchase will get a better reception if it’s delivered in a tempting wrapping that, like lingerie, is seductively designed to lead to the present within. Remember we do free gift wrapping online & in-store!
Article source from thelittleflirt.com